You’re invited to join Don’t Label Me author, Irshad Manji, for an exclusive 5-week book club!
Grab a cup of coffee and log into a live-streamed video conference* with Irshad every Sunday from 5-6pm EST between June 30-July 28, 2019.
*A link for the live-stream video conference will be emailed to participants after sign up.
Don’t Label Me Book Club Schedule
- Sunday, June 30, 5-6pm EST (Introduction / covering sections “Can We Talk?” and “Straight White Male”)
- Sunday, July 7, 5-6pm EST (Covering sections “Muslim Refugee” and “What Change Means”)
- Sunday, July 14, 5-6pm EST (Covering sections “A New Identity” and “Why (and How) Not To Be Offended”)
- Sunday, July 21, 5-6pm EST (Covering sections “Rethinking Power and Priviledge” and “Rethinking Multiculturalism”)
- Sunday, July 28, 5-6pm EST (Covering sections “Rethinking Courage” and “The Lessons of Lily” / closing)
About Don’t Label Me: America’s founding genius is diversity of thought. Which is why social justice activists won’t win by putting labels such as “racist” on those who disagree with them. At a time when minorities are fast becoming the majority, a truly new America requires a new way to tribe out.
Studded with insights from epigenetics and epistemology, layered with the lessons of Bruce Lee, Ben Franklin, and Audre Lorde, punctuated with stories about Manji’s own experiences as a refugee from Africa, a Muslim immigrant to the U.S., and a professor of moral courage, Don’t Label Me makes diversity great again.